|Photo courtesy of OnlythePearl.com|
This all-new report from Packaged Facts examines consumer payment forms of all kinds, including credit cards, debit cards, gift/prepaid cards, cash, checks, online payment and emerging forms, with a focus on how consumer preferences have changed during the past five years and vis-à-vis the economic downturn and recovery. It includes:
- Analysis of how Americans’ financial outlook influences their spending and payment preferences.
- Demographic and psychographic profiling by payment form and consumer age, gender, race, geographic region, income, educational level, etc.
- Focus chapter on cash, whose straightforwardness and immediacy makes it the payment choice of more than half of U.S. adults.
- Focus chapter on checks, which despite declining usage remain popular for bill paying and are getting new legs via “digital reinvention.”
- Focus chapter on credit cards, which have reached saturation and face other challenges including more restrictive legislation and declining usage among consumers looking to reduce their debt.
- Focus chapter on debit cards, which continue to win followers but whose rise may be diverted by laws restricting overdraft fees.
- Coverage of gift cards and other prepaid debit cards, which are creating a fast-growing “second-tier” banking system for those without access to traditional banks.
- Focus chapter on new payment methods, including contactless, cell phone and Internet-based, all of which are jockeying for position in the next wave of payment forms.