You know the summer movie season has arrived when half the commercials on television feature costumed adventurers, speeding muscle cars, computer-enhanced animal characters that are voiced by celebrities, or a combination of all three.
- Seeing a character using a branded product they've never tried in a movie is likely to persuade them to try it.
- They pay attention to the commercials that play along with the movie previews.
- Seeing a brand name product they've used before in a movie reassures them that the product is good.
- They often notice the ads in the lobbies of movie theaters.
- Big screen ads capture consumers' attention better than other media.
- The fact that consumers do not have remote controls to change channels or DVRs to fast forward through commercials means advertisers' messages aren't lost on consumers.